Wednesday, October 13, 2010

UFO Report, Summer 1975 issue

UFO Report began it's life as a special issue of reprinted UFO articles from the pages of the popular men's magazine, Saga.

In fact, it was originally titled, Saga's Special UFO Report when it debuted in 1969. By 1974 the the word, Special was dropped, and from Spring 1975 until it's demise in 1982, the magazine was simply known as, UFO Report.

According to the red banner on the cover, it was the "World's #1 UFO Magazine," by 1975. I don't have access to magazine circulation figures from the 70's, so I'm just going to take their word for it. The content certainly backs up such a claim.

I've managed to find a digital copy of the Summer 1975 issue in cbr format. A cbr is essentially a collection of archived images, primarily used for digital comic books.

Most people, myself included, prefer pdf files, so I've decided to make my own. The images in the cbr were a bit off-center, but I wasn't really in the mood to start an editing project, so I left them as-is. The only difference between my pdf and the original cbr is that some of the page borders may be cropped a little tighter. None of the text or artwork in the magazine is affected and the entire magazine is perfectly readable - a great read, at that.

You can grab the pdf version of this full, 84-page magazine by clicking here.

If you'd rather have the original cbr, as I found it, then use this link instead.

Also, here's a look at the Table of Contents, so you know what you're getting into. As I mentioned in today's previous post, there are some articles from a few of my favorites - Brad Steiger, Jerome Clark and Timothy Green Beckley.

No comments:

Post a Comment